See what people are saying about the Free Market Academy
Want to fight back against the erosion of our economic liberty? The most important tool in winning intellectual battles is education and knowledge. The Civitas Institute is proud to announce a new education program: THE FREE MARKET ACADEMY.
What is it?A series of educational workshops designed to provide advocates of economic liberty with the knowledge to win debates with liberals and progressives. The Academy is a common-sense seminar offered to concerned citizens interested in advancing free market principles and fighting back against the erosion of our economic freedom. The Free Market Academy explores the true fundamentals of the market economy and equips attendees with a solid understanding of why free enterprise is the only foundation for economic growth and job creation. The workshops will also include an in-depth discussion focused on applying sound economic principles to refute today’s most commonly-used liberal economic arguments.
Why would people enroll in the seminar?Ideas are the most powerful engine of social change. Winning in the arena of public opinion is a must if we are to see the role of government once again limited to its proper scope. The Academy’s goal is to provide attendees with intellectual ammunition to win debates and be more persuasive to those around them seeking to be informed about economic freedom. To win lasting approval, arguments advancing free market ideas must be grounded in basic truths and fundamentals. If you are interested in winning debates with ideological opponents and helping to spread economic liberty, the Free Market Academy is for you.
Seminar OptionsThe Free Market Academy offers workshops exploring a variety of topics, including:
- Economics in One Lesson: This workshop explores the basic truths of economics and their implications for several public policy issues. Inspired by Henry Hazlitt’s classic and highly influential must-read book, – described by F.A. Hayek as ”a brilliant performance” - this session is perfect for newcomers to economics looking to expose major fallacies and gain a major advantage in winning debates about government’s role in our economy. It also serves as a valuable refresher for those familiar with economics but seeking to be reminded about the essential fundamentals. Session topics include:
- Understanding the economic way of thinking
- Essential fundamentals
- The myth of public works as job creator
- Do ATM machines destroy jobs?
- Enough wages to “buy back the product”?
- “Full employment” is not a worthy goal
- Profit is not a dirty word
- The myth of consumer spending
- The Morality of Capitalism – Is capitalism evil? The so-called “99-percent” of the Occupy movement lament capitalism as being immoral and evil. Too often, advocates of free markets try to counter emotional arguments with discussions about economic efficiency. That is a losing strategy. This workshop is designed to equip attendees with a better understanding of why the most compelling case for free enterprise is not merely economic efficiency, but rather its consistency with moral principles. Session topics include:
- The importance of making the moral case for Capitalism
- Understanding morality
- Applying morals to economic systems
- Free enterprise is the only moral system
- Why the moral foundations of free enterprise work
- Addressing specific arguments of anti-capitalists
List of Upcoming Free Market Academy Events
No events available...