General Government received an $11.7 million “truth in budgeting” decrease, along with a $9.65 million “flexibility reduction.” One notable spending increase is $250,000 to pave the way for reparations to eugenics patients.
- Overall 2% reduction in budget from actual 2008-09 expenditures of $448 million to $438 million
- Reduction for the Volunteer Safety Workers’ Compensation Fund ($3 mm, NR)
- Elimination of the Investigation Unit and Criminal Justice Planning Program for the State Capitol Police ($0.1 mm)
- Elimination of Grants Training Unit in the Office of the State Auditor ($0.3 mm)
- Reduction of 86 positions
- No reductions for Governor’s office or the General Assembly
- Appropriates $250,000 to lay the groundwork for reparations to eugenics patients