The NCAE has opposed every commonsense policy reform of the past several years. Their leaders want to block conservative reforms for one reason: they are afraid of losing control of their members and their stranglehold on power in North Carolina. The NCAE been the 800-pound gorilla standing in the way of job growth, improving education, expanding school choice, and many others.
In addition to opposing educational reforms of any kind, the NCAE has failed to support even its teachers and other school employees, while its top executives are paid four times the annual salary of an average teacher.
What many teachers don’t know is that they don’t have to enroll in the NCAE.
What NCAE executives don’t tell teachers is that the state already offers free liability coverage to teachers.
Since the Opt-Out Campaign Launched:
- We put up 7 billboards that will have over 1,000,000 views per month
- Over 20,000 people have viewed our Facebook postings on the campaign
- There have been 55,000 online ad impressions
- More than 2,000 people have viewed NCTeacherFreedom.com
Our goal for this campaign is to educate teachers about their ability to opt out of NCAE membership and show them how to do it.
The NCAE has approximately 40,000 members, and takes in about $8,200,000 per year.
If 1,000 teachers decide to opt out of membership, that means the NCAE would lose $450,000 per year.
If 5,000 teachers opted out, the NCAE would lose $2,250,000 per year.
These kinds of losses would cripple the organization and allow commonsense reforms to happen.
Will you consider supporting this campaign with a gift today? The campaign will end on September 30. Your gift will allow us to reach more teachers, more public school employees, and more citizens. Every gift counts, and every gift will help pay for part of this campaign:
- $22.00-one yard sign seen by 1000 people
- $86.00-one email blast to every North Carolina teacher.
- $133.00-one day of Raleigh billboard, seen by nearly 30,000
- $1,000.00-one full week of Raleigh billboard seen by 200,000
- $4,200.00-one Month of Raleigh billboard seen by over 800,000!
Thank you for your support!
[donate name=”NCAE Opt Out Campaign Email” amounts=22,86,133,1000,4200,other]