About the Civitas Institute
The mission of the Civitas Institute is to fight to remove barriers to freedom so that all North Carolinians enjoy a better life. Located in Raleigh, Civitas serves as “North Carolina’s Conservative Voice,” telling citizens the truth about state government the mainstream media won’t discuss and holding legislators accountable when they violate limited-government principles.
Founded in 2005, Civitas has experienced tremendous growth, and has been instrumental in victories such as the historic 2013 tax reforms, the creation and expansion of school choice programs, and the placing on the ballot this fall of a constitutional amendment requiring photo ID for those voting in person.
The Elections Policy Analyst will educate the motivated grassroots and legislators on issues ensuring the integrity of elections and campaign finance. Analyst may also oversee the management of early voting and voter registration databases. Additional research may be required upon request.
The Elections Policy Analyst will be expected to produce timely and persuasive articles on policies including (but not limited to): voter ID requirements, early voting, same day registration, redistricting, voter registration requirements and public campaign finance.
Analyst will also be expected to accommodate occasional public speaking requests and media interviews.
Qualified applicants will be aligned with Civitas’ mission and philosophy, be familiar with our organization’s efforts, and have a passion for advancing our ideas. More specific qualifications include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of elections, with a deep familiarity with election-related laws
- Experience with North Carolina election law a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, often with little supervision
- Great personal initiative, willing to proactively develop projects without being told what to do
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products, excel spreadsheets and database management
- Working knowledge of i360 a plus
- Civitas offers competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Employer-paid health insurance coverage for employees
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Dental and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for health and dependent care expenditures
Interested candidates should forward their resume and a cover letter that includes salary expectations to Civitas Executive Vice President Brian Balfour: firstname.lastname@example.org