Dr. Jennifer Morse of the Ruth Institute gave a presentation on the defense of marriage at the 2009 Civitas Conservative Leadership Conference.
Here are her key points:
Key principles undermined by same sex marriage:
1. Kids are entitled to a relationship with their mothers and fathers.
2. Mothers and fathers are not interchangeable.
3. Biology is the primary way that we defend parenthood.
4. The state recognizes parentage, but does not assign it or control it.
Same sex negative consequences:
1. Marriages will become the kind of thing that seperates children from their parents.
2. Fathers will be marginalized from the family.
3. Triple parenting will become unstoppable.
4. The expansion of state power will be breath-taking in its scope.