Here are some facts on SCHIP, particularly unilateral expansion of children’s Medicaid that would cover children in NC up to 300 percent of poverty.
Some direction for people on the right side of the issue:
– Let’s look to expand access through tax credits (not SCHIP expansion), not gov’t run healthcare and private crowdout.
– Let’s reduce the cost of healthcare, which is the number one concern of North Carolinians, according to our DecisionMaker poll.
– Let’s get the message out that it’s the government that is increasing the cost of healthcare, more than any other single factor.
– Let’s ask why we can’t buy health insurance in other states, to get lower rates and increased competition.
– Let’s ask why we can’t change the taxcode so as to make insurance portable and not tied to employment.