On behalf of everyone here at Civitas, I want to thank all our readers for making this such a great year for Red Clay Citizen and for Civitas. This month we broke another record for unique visitors, and we hope to continue the trend going into 2008. In usual New Year’s Eve fashion, here is our countdown of the top stories of the year:
1) Former House Speaker Jim Black (D) Goes to Prison on Bribery and Corruption Charges
2) The Drought (but thanks to God for the Christmas gift of rain)
6) The Defeat of the Transfer (and Sales) Taxes
7) The Nonemergence of a Presidential or Gubernatorial Frontrunner from either Party
8) The Goodyear Incentives Deal
10) The Continued Underperformance of the “Education” Lottery
Send us any other items you think merit inclusion — or better yet, let us know what your own top 10 list is.
Happy New Year!