The Big Wins in the State Budget Didn’t Happen by Accident
The budget process has taken much longer than it was supposed to and not only posed some major threats, but also afforded fantastic opportunities:
- The Media had time to openly attack conservatives and push the claim that government is never big enough.
- Liberal members had time to be convinced to expand crony policies and grow state government.
- Civitas was able to tell legislators over, and over, and over again what they ought to cut, keep, or expand.
- Civitas was also able to find out who is really conservative and who is willing to run NC government the same way it was run under liberal Democrats for 100 years.
Your support has allowed us to take full advantage of those opportunities and win some big victories in the budget negotiations.
Our “Cut this, Go Home” campaign helped build momentum among conservative legislators to hold their ground – and it was successful.
The highlights of our success for this budget are:
1. Renewable Energy(Solar) Tax Credits – Gone
2. Income Taxes – Cut
3. School Choice – Expanded
4. Jim Hunt Institute – De-funded
We could not have kept up the pressure needed to get these great things passed without you!
Now we’re looking ahead to the next session (yes, already), and we need to be prepared to hit them as hard as we did this year!
Will you make your most generous gift today? In honor of these four big wins, I hoped you would make a gift of $40, or even $400 today.
Let’s turn a trickle of wins into an avalanche. Donate now!