No teacher in North Carolina is required to join the NCAE. However, once you do, you have the right to opt out of membership for the upcoming school year. The deadline is September 30. To opt out, follow the process listed below:
- Print and complete four copies of this opt-out form.
- Send one completed copy to:
North Carolina Association of Educators
700 S. Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
- Send one completed copy to your school payroll office.
- Send one completed copy to your financial institution to notify it of your intention to stop automatic withdrawals from your account.
- Retain one copy for your records.
- To ensure delivery, you may wish to send correspondence via certified, registered mail or via private service.
- Contact NCAE to verify your letter was received.