An ongoing series of evaluating and recommending smarter functioning childcare programs, the Smart Start saga is an in-depth look into potential areas for improvement of efficiency and priorities in this $180 million government program affecting childcare across the state. Civitas has identified areas of reform to provide a greater number of needed childcare services and save the state money.
- The Daycare Dilemma
- Childcare Subsidy Goes Bust, Kids Go Home
- Smart Start Overhead Takes From Kids
- Smart Start Presentation
- How Much does Your Smart Start Administrator Make?
- A Consolidated Effort: Restructuring N.C. Early Childcare Programs
- Smart Start’s Massive Political Machine
- Senate Budget Cleans Out Smart Start Bureaucracy; Wins Approval from Early Childcare Providers