1. Re-structure teacher pay based on outcomes, not inputs
2. Seriously and quickly evaluate the Common Core Standards with an eye towards eliminating them.
3. Enact real Medicaid reform, not the half-measures being discussed in Raleigh. Florida has successfully reformed their program, we should strive to copy that success to generate major savings for taxpayers..
4. End the crony credits for making films in North Carolina. North Carolina should not be in the business of providing preferential treatment for politically-connected industries.
5. Reduce our dependence on federal money: Relying on federal funds is risky, and North Carolina depends on the federal government for 45 percent of its total expenditures.
It’s that simple. There’s not much time to get it done, but…
IT CAN BE DONE!
Help me show our legislators how to take even more ground for conservative ideas during this short session! Support Civitas with your gift of $5, $10, $25, or even $50 right away.
The session has started and the clock is ticking. Will you help me make the most of the time we’ve got?
If you become a member of Civitas today with a monthly contribution of $10 or more, we’ll send you a thank you tote bag with not only our latest information and some goodies, but also a couple of books for your reading pleasure.