The John W. Pope Civitas Institute along with American Majority are pleased to announce an Activist Training coming to North Carolina this weekend. The training will be conducted on Saturday, September 18 in Wilmington, NC to provide citizens with the tools necessary to become effective activists.
The training will take place in the Pine Room at the Northeast Regional Library located at 1241 Military Cutoff Road in Wilmington, NC from 1:00 to 4:30. Registration opens at 12:30. The cost is $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Discounted registration is available for college students.
Topics to be covered during the Training include:
- The System (an in-depth look at the system we’re in, how we got there, and what we can do about it)
- Grassroots Action (ideas and practical steps to engage our communities and organize a coalition of volunteers)
- Precinct Power (changing your community one precinct at a time with specific micro-targeting and focused action)
- Patriots 2.0 (effectively utilizing social networking tools, blogs, wiki projects and other technologically-driven platforms)
- New Media Q&A (find out the answers to commonly asked questions about Facebook and Twitter and gain a few extra tips)
Full training materials, samples and supplements will be provided to help you apply what you learn to your organization, candidate, cause or community.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, contact Jessica Wood at Jessica@ammechanics.org or call 919-294-9974.
Hope to see you there!