From The American Spectator: The federal government is not the boss of bathrooms.
By now, most Americans have heard about North Carolina House Bill 2. The new law has dominated the media landscape for several weeks, but only in the past few days has the real issue come into focus.
In almost every article, news report, and blog post covering the new law, the officially named “Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act” is referred to as North Carolina’s “controversial bathroom bill.”
Let me assure you that, among everyday North Carolinians, there is no controversy. Recent Civitas Institute polling indicates most people are aware of the law (85 percent) and an overwhelming majority (69 percent) believe that the Charlotte City Council ordinance HB2 overturned was unreasonable and unsafe.
The media have sparked a firestorm and fed the flames with stories about bathroom assaults against transgendered individuals and about tearful students claiming oppression, but only a handful of politicians and public policy organizations give the law even a second thought. Yet despite such widespread public support of HB2, groups such as the Human Rights Campaign and North Carolina’s Attorney General, Roy Cooper, have successfully pressured multi-national corporations and the federal government to try to coerce, shame, and bully North Carolina into repealing the bill.
All that aside, as of May 3, some high-minded libertarians and centrist Republicans bemoaning the prolonged discussion of something as banal as where people can relieve themselves and change clothes were able to breathe their own sighs of relief.
The moment Loretta Lynch threatened to withhold Title VII and Title IX funding from North Carolina unless Gov. Pat McCrory and the legislature agreed to cry “uncle” and publicly declare that HB2 is discriminatory, the discussion ceased to be about bathrooms.
We now find ourselves not in a debate about bathrooms but in one about the relationship between the federal government and the states.
To read the rest of the post from The American Spectator, click here.
Civitas Institute and it’s Jim Crow America bigots just don’t get it.
You can do all the push polls you want but Constitutional Rights of an individual’s, personal freedom and liberty don’t have to be popular with the majority. If that were true we would still have a segregated south, separate restrooms for people of color and whites, and interracial marriage would still be illegal.
Like always the conservatives are on the wrong side of history personal freedom, liberty and human rights.
Main stream America knows family, friends, co worker, fellow church members, neighbors and media personalities who are members of the LBGT community and will not buy your fear and hate mongering.
Bigots are not a majority in America nor NC.
Ginsburg In 1975: Separate Bathrooms Are ‘In Some Situations Required’:
Lonnie and his gaystapo goose-stepper lawless anti-American bigots just don’t get it.
He can spew all the tranny-pandering twaddle he wants but requiring everyone’s participation in tranny delusions is not Constitutional. It’s worth remembering that the leftard fascists currently trying to impose their totalitarian rule on America are the same “progressives” who instituted segregation in the South and North, separate restrooms for “coloreds” and whites, and marriage licensing to make interracial marriage illegal. Like always the leftards are on the wrong side of history, reality, personal freedom, liberty, and human rights.
Mainstream America knows family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, Christians, Muslims, and the rare few media personalities who aren’t mindless leftard drones carrying the totalitarian gaystapo’s water will not buy the child-abusing rape-supporting Lawless Godless Bathroom Trolls’ bigoted campaign of fear and hate-mongering against the scientific realities of sexual division and differentiation.
Child-abusing misogynistic bigots like Lonnie are not a majority in America nor NC, and cannot win their war against biological realities.
Lonnie, you backwards uneducated rape-supporting child-abusing misogynist bigot, why do you hate children and rape victims so much?
Because old Lonnie boy thinks is a good idea for 14 year old boys to be able to go in 14 year old girls locker rooms while they shower and dress and undress doesn’t make it right.I don’t want to have to put the definition of degenerate or moron in here,but I think both apply to old Richard Crainium Lonnie.Better known as D*** H***.
Conservatives need to understand what President Obama’s letter stated.
“There are a number of things I wish to address about the current “bathroom controversy.”
1.The President did not issue an Executive Order, which is what I keep reading everyone post about. The U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Education sent a letter to all schools to clarify federal discrimination laws. The President didn’t create anything new here, which brings me to :
2. Title IX which states, “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” This was passed in 1972, and schools have always had to adhere to it or else risk their federal funding.
3. The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which is cited in more landmark court cases than any other, states, “No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.” This was ratified in 1868, so again, nothing new here.
4. And then there is the Civil Rights Act which states, “All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.” This was enacted in 1964.
5. Boys cannot use any of these to “put on a dress and go into a girl’s bathroom.” The recent letter states, “The Departments interpret Title IX to require that when a student or the student’s parent or guardian, as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a gender identity that differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent with the student’s gender identity.” This is a major commitment and a huge risk on the part of the student to request to be treated as a different gender, not just something they can do on a whim. And no teenage boy is going to go through the anguish and turmoil which an actual transgender child has to face just to peek into the girl’s bathroom. They can see all the boobs they want for free on the internet, and anyway, I use the girl’s bathroom all the time and I have never seen another girl’s privates while doing so. On the other hand, a culture which depicts females as sexual objects and glorifies male domination and misogyny certainly creates an environment where young girls are often easily coerced and/or abused by young males whom they normally know and trust. This isn’t happening in the bathroom; it is happening in living rooms, cars, classrooms, and at local football games, and anywhere else where teens struggle to find their own identity and try to fit in to the world around them. I know this because I lived it.
6. I spent an hour searching the internet to try to find proof that, in fact, transgender people are a threat in women’s bathrooms. There are simply no facts, incidents, or numbers to support it. On the other hand, I spent five minutes and found numerous cases of transgender individuals being attacked when they were forced to use facilities which were not in line with their gender identity. For just one second, consider that it is your child who may have been born with the genitals of a male, but identifies as a female. Imagine that child being forced to use the boy’s bathroom in a public school facility. What about the safety of that child? That is what the recent letter to schools addresses.
7. Transgender adults and children have existed all along. They have been using the bathroom which represents their gender identity without incident. It is only when you begin to force them back into the opposite bathroom of their identity which leads to violence, and the violence is against them, not by them.
8. In my home state of Arkansas, our governor has directed the schools to disregard the letter from the federal government. Without addressing the actual issue of the protection of transgender children, once again cultural and moral issues are being used to draw party lines rather than to protect citizens. Arkansas does not need another case of the federal government being called in to force adherence to federal laws. I would like to think that now, almost 60 years later, we are all embarrassed by the hatred and intolerance which was shown in 1957 in our state. Are we seriously revisiting that same backwardness now, in 2016?
9. Galatians 3:28 – There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.
10. And that is really the point: we are all children of God. We are all made in God’s image. We are all loved by God. Therefore, it is our moral duty to love, protect, and welcome all God’s children, even the ones who don’t look like us, or act like us, or maybe we don’t even understand. They are God’s, and our command is to love them. Figure out a way to be helpful. Volunteer at your local high school. Be present in the lives of our youth. Reach out to the ones on the margin. Let children see you showing grace and mercy to all. Teach by example. And then maybe we won’t be raising young men who would see the issue of which bathroom a transgender person uses as an opportunity to attack women. I have more faith in our youth than that. It is the adult politicians who rally around fears like those to keep us divided and our focus away from working together to create a more loving and accepting world for the children we all want to protect.”
“About Melanie Tubbs
Melanie Tubbs is a professor, pastor, mother, Mimi, and true Arkansas woman. She lives with six cats and two dogs on a quiet hill in a rural county where she pastors a church and teaches history at the local university. Her slightly addictive personality comes out in shameful Netflix binges and a massive collection of books. Vegetarian cooking, reading mountains of books for her seminary classes, and crocheting for the churches prayer shawl ministry take up most of her free time, and sharing the love of Christ forms the direction of her life. May the Peace of Christ be with You.”
Ostupid,Lying Lonnie,Gimmedats took all mention of Christianity out of this country,then tell us to use Christian values in letting Muslims that have not been vetted into this country and letting males into woman’s bathrooms.How is that for hypocrisy?
Your number 6. Says you can’t find proof on the Internet of Trannys and tranny impersonators being a problem in a women’s bathroom.Pinto has sent about 50 examples of just that.You are just too lazy to read them or have drunk so much of the Kool-aid that it ate up what little brain you had.
Proof that trannies and tranny impersonators are a huge problem in women’s bathrooms, dressing rooms, showers, and locker rooms:
Lonnie sez “IT DOESN’T EXIST! IT DOESN’T EXIST! LA LA LA LA LA! I can’t hear you! IT DOESN’T EXIST!”
Meanwhile, more states bravely stand up to the bigoted bathroom bullying of the cowardly illegitimate gaystapo goose-stepper thug in the White House and his treasonous criminal lackeys:
For the life of me, I don’t understand the fear, bigotry and discrimination against transgender citizens.
This law does NOTHING to prevent ANY of the acts of sexual assaults against women and children mostly committed by straight men in private homes or church events.
No restroom police are going to inspect citizens before entering a public restroom, I hope.
No one is going to be peeping into stalls to catch a transgender person who is not complying, I hope.
Just a few months ago no one was afraid to use a public restroom.
Conservative fear mongers have generated a problem out of both costing the state of NC customers, tourist, employers, jobs and federal funding.
How are we better off now than before this insanity? What problem got solved?
Hey Lying Lonnie,
If I catch a guy following one of the women in my life into the ladies room there will be an inspection of the knots on that perverts head.I will be the bathroom police for my ladies and I hope ever sane man stands outside the ladies room and clocks every prevert following his ladies in to the ladies room.Sorry about your wife,there is no sane man in her life.
How are you going to know the gender for certain? A Masculine Transgender citizen can be born a woman but have full beards can be complying with the Conservative laws. Another transgender citizens can look very feminine but have a penis and you nor you wife will ever know.
I repeat, what problem have the conservatives solved? I see plenty of problems they have crated but nothing they have fixed.
If this was a real problem why did it not exist 6 months ago?
When are you going to get it trough your head I will be looking at men that look like men not Trannys.I could care less about those poor mental degenerates.This has been explained to you at least 50 times.You either are totally brain dead or have a different agenda.I think your agenda has nothing to do with Trannys,you want other perverts in the ladies rooms and locker rooms.Why has this not been a problem for hundreds of years until a Charlotte child molester wanted to go in the ladies room?I know you can’t answer this and I know you won’t.
You nor anyone else has the ability to visually look at a fully clothed person and know for sure what their gender. Where would you think Ann Coulter should pee the Men’s room or the Ladies room?
Canada is as stupid as Ostupid and Lonnie.https://www.youtube.com/embed/XELWyJeKSV0?rel=0&showinfo=0
I was right,the idiot didn’t answer the question.
YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID.